Statoil Awards Tampen Link Pipeline Contract
A contract worth about NOK 160 million for laying the Tampen Link pipeline in the North Sea has been awarded by operator Statoil to Saipem UK.
This transport facility is due to run for 23 kilometers from Statoil's Statfjord field and tie into the British Flags system, which links Brent with St Fergus in Scotland.
Expected to take about 12 days, work on laying the 32-inch pipeline will be carried out in April-May 2007 by the Castoro Sei laybarge.
Tampen Link is scheduled to be ready for operation on October 1, 2007, when the operatorship will be transferred from Statoil to Gassco.
The pipeline will carry gas produced by the Statfjord late life project.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Statoil Has Room To Grow More In North Dakota's Bakken (Mar 06)
- Big Oil CEOs Appeal to Norway to Back Carbon Capture and Storage (Feb 15)
- Norwegian Police Investigate 2016 Hydrogen Leak At Statoil Refinery (Feb 09)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Executives: Algeria's Sonatrach, Italy's Saipem Agree To End Disputes (Feb 14)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)