Carina-Aries Gas Development Brought OnStream
Total reports that the Carina-Aries gas fields, located offshore the Tierra del Fuego province, Argentina, have been brought on stream. Total operates the project with a 37.5% interest, alongside partners Wintershall and Pan American Energy.
Carina and Aries are located 80 and 40 kilometers offshore in a water depth of 80 and 60 meters respectively. The gas is produced from two unmanned platforms and piped onshore, where it is processed in the Rio Cullen and Cañadon Alfa units.
Production of Carina-Aries will eventually ramp up to a plateau of 8 million cubic meters per day allowing for a consolidated gas production of 11.5 million cubic meters per day for the consortium in Tierra del Fuego.
Present in Argentina since 1978, Total is, through its subsidiary Total Austral, the country's second-biggest gas operator, with fields operated in Tierra del Fuego and the Neuquen region. The Group also holds interests in pipelines serving the Argentinean market and neighboring countries. Furthermore, Total is Argentina's second largest electricity producer with interests in the Central Puerto and Hidroelectrica Piedra del Aguila power plants.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
Company: Pan American Energy more info
- Pan American Energy to Invest $1.4B in Argentina this Year (Jul 14)
- Official: Argentina To Boost Crude Oil Output To 653,000 Bpd By 2025 (May 27)
- Pan American Energy to Invest $3.4B in Argentina from 2013-2017 (Dec 28)