Unocal Receives Waiver Enabling It to Engage in Discussions with CNOOC
Unocal Corporation has received a waiver from Chevron Corporation enabling Unocal to engage in discussions with CNOOC Limited and its representatives concerning a transaction proposed by CNOOC Limited at any time until the date of the Unocal stockholder vote on the proposed merger with Chevron.
Unocal intends promptly to commence such discussions with CNOOC Limited.
There can be no assurance that any agreement with CNOOC Limited will be
reached. In connection with entering into the Chevron merger agreement, the
Unocal board of directors recommended the transaction to Unocal stockholders.
That recommendation remains in effect.
- Brenham Inks PSC Agreement for Equatorial Guinea Block (Dec 20)
- PetroChina Is Set to Go It Alone (May 26)
- KBR Scores Major FEED Contract for Chirag Oil Project in Caspian Sea (Mar 23)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: CNOOC more info
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)