Lundin Petroleum Contracts for Aje Appraisal Drilling in Nigeria
Lundin Petroleum reports that GlobalSantaFe International Drilling Corporation, an affiliate of Applied Drilling Technology Inc., has been contracted to drill an appraisal well on the Aje field (OML 113), offshore Nigeria.
The field was discovered in 1996 with the first appraisal well drilled in 1997 which proved the existence of both oil and gas in separate reservoirs in the field. The drilling is scheduled to take one month and will use Transocean's semisub, Sedco 709, which is currently on contract to another operator in Gabon. It is anticipated that the rig will be on location and ready to spud in late July 2005.
Partners in the OML113 venture are Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum Company Limited (operator) Lundin Petroleum, Palace Exploration Company, Challenger Mineral Inc., Providence Resources P.l.c, Howard Energy Co. Inc., Syntroleum Corporation. Lundin Petroleum acts as technical advisor to the operator.
- Transocean's GlobalSantaFe Merger Proves Positive in Year End Review (Feb 20)
- GlobalSantaFe Updates Customs Investigation (Nov 27)
- Transocean Closes Merger with GlobalSantaFe (Nov 27)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)