BG Group & Gaz de France Ink LNG Supply Deal
BG Group has entered into an agreement with Gaz de France for the purchase of LNG at the rate of approximately 2 cargoes per month from July 2005 until the end of 2006. The volumes are diversions of cargoes originally purchased by Gaz de France from Egyptian LNG Train 1 (ELNG).
It is planned that the LNG cargoes will be delivered to BG Group's North American marketing business at Lake Charles and Elba Island, but there is also flexibility to deliver to other terminals.
Martin Houston, BG Executive Vice President and Managing Director, North America, Caribbean and Global LNG, said: "This agreement once again demonstrates BG's ability to access LNG arbitrage opportunities to take advantage of positive market conditions to provide added value to both BG and Gaz de France."
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Gaz de France more info
- Grenland Group Delivers Gjoa Subsea Structures (Sep 01)
- Plexus to Supply Wellhead Systems for Mediterranean E&P Activities (Jul 20)
- ELNG Completes First Ever Health & Safety Partnership Program with GE O&G (Jul 15)