Odfjell Sets World Record on Visund
Odfjell Drilling has drilled a well to 9082 meters and a liner is set and cemented. This well is the world's longest reaching well ever drilled from a floating installation and it is also the longest well drilled in a Statoil, independent of type of installation.
The well was drilled without serious HSE incidents, at a drilling rate of 102 meters per day, and it is finished ahead of plan and budget. Regarding this we have received a very pleasant e-mail from Statoil Visund RESU leader, Tore Teige:
"Congratulation with the remarkable results during the drilling of well A-06HT2. This is the longest reaching well in the world ever drilled from a floating unit. Even though we planed to drill further, it was right to stop with the good results we had, nevertheless there are nobody who have done this before us. When we in addition to good reservoir results managed to drill the well within plan and budget, it just strengthens the result.
I am also very pleased with the good interaction during drilling of the well. This is probably the best result possible.
You have been working well together, and I am proud to be a part of Visund drilling team.
We wish to thank the drilling contractor and those service companies who have participated actively.
Thanks for the effort!!
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Odfjell more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)