Marquis Exploration Well Spuds
Elixir Petroleum reports that its first North Sea exploration well on the Marquis prospect located in UKCS Block 21/6b has commenced drilling.
Well 21/6b-6 was spudded on June 18, 2005 by the Bredford Dolphin semisub and is operated by Century Exploration (UK) Limited. The well is currently drilling ahead.
The well has a planned total depth of 2,000m and is prognosed to take around 18 days to drill. The primary objective, the Palaeocene Forties-Balmoral sands, is interpreted to be reached at a depth of approximately 1,600m or around Day 12 in the drilling program.
The well is being drilled as a low cost finder well and will not be flow tested.
The Company has a 15% interest in Block 21/6b and is contributing 10% of the Marquis well's estimated total cost of about £3.7 million (A$8.9 million).
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Elixir Petroleum more info
- Elixir Petroleum Acquires AWE's 57.5% Stake in Cliff Head Oil Field Off WA (Oct 26)
- Adriatic Oil Gives Up North Sea License (Feb 24)
- Adriatic Oil Farms into Moray Firth Licenses (Dec 07)