Woodside Spuds Petalonia North 1
Woodside Energy reports that the Petalonia North-1 exploration well located in the Bonaparte Basin was spudded on June 10, 2005. The Atwood Eagle semisub is drilling the well. The well is located in the Timor Sea approximately 10 kilometers south west of the Laminaria Oilfield and 570 kilometers north west of Darwin. Water depth at the location is 342 meters. Planned total depth is approximately 3920 meters.
Subject to the approval and registration by the regulatory authority of the agreements pursuant to which Paladin Oil & Gas (Australia) Pty Limited acquired its 33.33% interest in the Permit, the joint venture participants in the Petalonia North-1 well are Woodside (66.67%) and Paladin (33.33%). Woodside is operator of the AC/P8 joint venture.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Atwood Oceanics more info
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)