Casino-4 Well Testing Program Completed
Australian Worldwide Exploration reports that testing of Casino-4 sidetrack, located in VIC/L 24 offshore Australia, has been completed and the Ocean Patriot is preparing to move to the Casino-5 location.
During the week, the Casino-4 sidetrack was completed for production and a multi rate production test was undertaken. During testing, a maximum rate of 47.0 million cubic feet of gas per day, with a flowing tubing head pressure of 2,100 pounds per square inch was recorded through a 1" choke. The flow rates were limited by the surface facilities. These flow rates are an excellent outcome from the Waarre Sandstone reservoir.
Casino-4 is the first of a three-well drilling program in the VIC/L 24 and VIC/P 44. Following completion of activities at Casino-4, the rig will move to drill the Casino-5 production well in the eastern part of the field, adjacent to the Casino-2 exploration well. The Henry-1 exploration well will be drilled following completion of the development drilling activities.
Participants in VIC/L 24 are Santos as operator with 50%; Peedamullah Petroleum (AWE) with 25% and Mittwell Energy with 25%.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)