Shell Extends Contract for Safe Caledonia
Prosafe has been awarded a 30-day contract extension by SNEPCO (Shell Nigeria Exploration & Production Company) for the use of Safe Caledonia for DP (dynamic positioning) hook-up/construction support to the FPSO Bonga in Nigeria.
This contract extension is the third of four possible 30-day extensions available to SNEPCO under its existing contract for the use of the Safe Caledonia. The remaining option must be declared three months in advance.
The extension takes the ongoing contract through to 3 October 2005. Prosafe has now secured a fleet utilization of about 88% in 2005. Long-term market prospects for accommodation and service rigs are also positive, and the business division has already now secured a fleet utilization of 82.5% in 2006, 62.5% in 2007 and 34% in 2008.
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Prosafe Takes Delivery of the Safe Zephyrus Accommodation Vessel (Jan 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers Accommodation Semisub Safe Zephyrus to Prosafe (Jan 19)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)