Maersk Oil Acquires Stake in Shetland Basin License
Maersk Oil has entered into an agreement with ChevronTexaco North Sea Limited to acquire a 25% equity stake in License P1025 in the UK Atlantic Margin.
Chevron will retain an operated 65% equity share in the License, and Talisman Energy maintains its 10% equity holding.
The license area covers blocks 213/5 and 214/1 in the Faroe/Shetland Basin. The License was awarded in the 19th UK Licensing Round in June 2001.
It is the partnership's intention to conduct a 2D seismic survey in 2005 to further enhance the understanding of the Capercaillie prospect situated in the License. Pending results thereof, an exploration well may be drilled in 2006/2007.
The Capercaillie prospect is in approximately 1,500 meters of water some 200 kilometers northwest of the Shetland Isles.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)