Pogo Sells Hungarian Subsidiary
Pogo Producing has agreed to sell its wholly-owned subsidiary, Pogo Hungary, Ltd., to Toreador Resources Corporation. The purchase price for the transaction is approximately $9.0 million. Closing is expected by the end of June 2005.
Pogo's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Paul G. Van Wagenen, said, "The completion of this transaction is another step in implementing Pogo's 2005 Strategic Initiatives announced in January of this year. Although we were successful in Hungary, we unfortunately did not achieve the critical mass necessary to justify continued investment. However, Pogo leaves its Hungary License in good hands with the fine people of Toreador Resources Corporation."
- PXP and Pogo Report Results of Elections for Merger Consideration (Nov 06)
- Pogo Reports Loss of $45 Million in 3Q 2007 (Oct 25)
- Pogo Loses Friend & Colleague, Jerry A. Cooper (Oct 24)
Company: Toreador Resources more info
- ZaZa, Toreador Finalize Merger (Feb 22)
- Toreador to Kick-Off French Shale Section Exploration (Oct 24)
- Toreador Comments on France's Fracking-Ban (Jul 06)