WellDynamics Wins Intelligent Well Contract Offshore Brunei
Brunei Shell Petroleum Sdn Bhd (BSP) has awarded oil and gas SmartWell® intelligent completion specialist WellDynamics a five year, multi-well contract for the provision of intelligent completions for the Champion West Phase III oil and gas development, offshore Brunei.
The wells will be drilled and completed from the CPDP-01 platform, which will be unmanned and fully remote-controlled after completion. The completions will incorporate both binary and variable downhole flow control valves operated by WellDynamics' award-winning Digital Hydraulics(TM) and Accu-Pulse(TM) control systems. The SmartWell intelligent completion will be operated by WellDynamics' SDACS(TM) well management software through the surface control and automation equipment. This development will be Shell's first large scale Smart Field and is the culmination of seven years of experience deploying intelligent completion technology in Brunei.
WellDynamics regional manager for Asia Pacific, Paul Butler, said, "The
award of this contract further cements the relationship between WellDynamics and BSP. BSP has championed the application of this technology over the years and to be involved in the development of Shell's first large scale Smart Field is an important milestone for WellDynamics."
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: WellDynamics more info
- WellDynamics Unveils Next Gen SmartWell Interval Control Valve (Sep 24)
- Halliburton Enters Agreement to Acquire 100% of WellDynamics (Jun 11)
- StatoilHydro Awards WellDynamics Norge NOK1 Billion Contract (Feb 18)