Aker Verdal Wins North Sea Contract
Aker Verdal has been awarded a contract from Nexen Petroleum U.K. Limited for fabrication of the flare and bridges for its operated Buzzard field in Blocks 19/5, 19/10, 20/1 and 20/6 of the UK Sector of the North Sea.
The contract was won by Aker Verdal through an international competitive bidding process, and is important to the yard in Verdal.
The contract is for the construction, load-out and sea-fastening of one flare and two bridges. The fabrication activities at Aker Verdal will start in August 2005 with delivery in March 2006.
Through this contract award, Aker Verdal has once again demonstrated its international competitiveness in the offshore market. Based on a large number of challenging jacket and heavy steel structure projects executed by Aker Verdal, the yard has developed a streamlined and efficient project execution model for this type of project.
This contract is very important for us and is expected to engage about 80 people at the Aker Verdal yard, says Arnstein Ansnes, President of Aker Verdal.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Nexen, Inc. more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)