Statoil Spuds Tulipan Wildcat Well
The first exploration well on Statoil's Tulipan prospect in the Norwegian Sea has been spudded by the Eirik Raude.
Located in block 6302/6 west of Hydro's Ormen Lange gas field, this operation is being conducted in 1,250 meters of water and should last for two-three months.
Plans call for the wildcat to be drilled to a total measured depth of just over 3,000 meters beneath the seabed. "Only 10 deepwater wells have been drilled off Norway until now, so the area is little explored," says Knut Chr Grindstad, exploration manager for the Norwegian Sea.
Statoil intends to drill two more exploration wells in this part of the Norwegian continental shelf during 2005.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Ocean Rig more info
Manages 14 Offshore Rigs
- Avenue Capital Urges Ocean Rig To Hire Advisers (Oct 17)
- Rig Contractor Ocean RIG Files For Bankruptcy Protection In US (Mar 28)
- Ocean Rig Acquires an Ultra Deepwater Drillship for $65M (Apr 27)