Eni Begins Production from K2 Field in the Gulf of Mexico
Eni has started production from K2, an oil field located in deepwater Gulf of Mexico, Green Canyon Block 562 some 200 km off the coast of Louisiana.
The first well placed on production has an initial flow rate of 8,000 barrels of oil equivalent (BOE) per day.
The K2 field is located in 1,200 meters of water depth, at an average reservoir depth of 8,500 meters, and has estimated resources in excess of 100 million BOE. Following a delineation campaign in 2002-2003, the development project was sanctioned in February 2004 and production start up achieved 15 months later, with costs under budget.
Two additional wells in the initial stage of the field development are scheduled to be on-line by end of 3Q 2005, and Eni estimates to achieve an equity peak production of approximately 6000 BOE per day (net of royalty). The subsea wells are tied back to the Marco Polo platform, located 11 km away.
Eni is the Operator of K2 with 18.2% working interest. Partners include Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: APC) (52.5%), ConocoPhillips Company (16.8%) and Unocal Corporation (NYSE: UCL) (12.5%).
In the Gulf of Mexico Eni owns lease interest in over 300 blocks, 90% in deepwater where the company is primarily focused. Eni's current daily equity production is 44,000 BOE - 70% operated - with production start up from three additional new deepwater fields expected in 2005.
- Brenham Inks PSC Agreement for Equatorial Guinea Block (Dec 20)
- PetroChina Is Set to Go It Alone (May 26)
- KBR Scores Major FEED Contract for Chirag Oil Project in Caspian Sea (Mar 23)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)