Santos to Sidetrack Casino-4 Well
Australian Worldwide Exploration reports that theCasino-4 well, located in VIC/L 24, is preparing to sidetrack to drill a sub-horizontal production well after encouraging results in the vertical pilot hole.
During the week, the Casino-4 well was drilled to a depth of 1,761 meters, where a 33-meter core was cut (98% recovery). Initial analysis of the Casino-4 core indicates better than expected reservoir quality in the Waarre Sandstone. After drilling ahead to a measured depth of 1,825 meters, the well was logged and plugged back in anticipation of a sidetrack, as expected. Progress for the week at Casino-4 was 64 meters.
Casino-4 is the first of a two-well drilling program for the development of the Casino gas field. The Casino-4 sidetrack has a proposed total true vertical depth of 1,800 meters.
Participants in VIC/L 24 are Santos as operator with 50%; Peedamullah Petroleum (AWE) with 25% and Mittwell Energy with 25%.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)