AWE Updates Progress on Casino Development Work
Australian Worldwide Exploration reports that the Casino-4 development well, located in VIC/L 24, was preparing to cut a core at a measured depth of 1,761 meters. The Top Waarre reservoir section was intersected as prognosed. Progress for the week was 1,243 meters.
Casino-4 is the first of a two-well drilling program for the development of the Casino gas field. In this initial development well, the Waarre Sandstone reservoir will be cored and evaluated prior to potentially sidetracking and completion as a sub-horizontal development well. The Casino-4 well has a proposed total depth of 1,800 meters.
Participants in VIC/L 24 are Santos as operator with 50%; Peedamullah Petroleum (AWE) with 25% and Mittwell Energy with 25%.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)