Petsec Makes Gas Discovery at Main Pass 19
Petsec Energy has made a commercial gas discovery from its latest exploration well in the Gulf of Mexico.
Petsec said the Main Pass 19 #1 exploration well had reached total depth and intersected 7 productive sands with an estimated 35 meters (115 feet) of net gas pay. The well was drilled using the Noble Lester Pettus.
"These results have exceeded our pre-drill expectations and casing is now being run in the well for future gas production," Petsec's Executive Chairman, Mr Terry Fern, said today.
"Petsec has already acquired an existing platform and jacket and a sales pipeline is in close proximity to the drilling location of this latest successful well," he said.
"This should enable commercial discoveries at Main Pass 19 to be brought into production within a matter of months."
As previously advised, the new Main Pass well – located 128 kilometers (80 miles) south east of New Orleans – is the first in a program of two to three wells to be drilled from the same location to test mapped potential of approximately 12 billion cubic feet to 15 billion cubic feet equivalent of natural gas (net to Petsec).
The second well in the programme is scheduled to spud following setting of production casing in the Main Pass 19 #1 well.
Manages 28 Offshore Rigs
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
- Freeport to Pay Noble $540 Million to Not Use 2 Oil Rigs (May 10)
Company: Petsec Energy more info
- Petsec Energy Reports Higher Reserves at An Nagyah Oilfield in Yemen (Mar 15)
- Petsec Energy Acquires 100% Stake in Damis Production License (Feb 05)
- Petsec Energy Completes Acquisition of 29.75% Stake in Yemen's Block 7 (Oct 01)