LLOG Awards Umbilicals Contract to Subsea 7
Subsea 7 has been awarded a contract by LLOG Exploration Offshore for an umbilical installation in the Green Canyon region of the Gulf of Mexico.
The contract is for the installation of a subsea control umbilical from Shell's GC 158 "A" (Brutus) platform to LLOG's GC 157 (J. Bellis Field) subsea wells. The 9.1 km umbilical will be installed in water depths ranging between 900 and 1000 meters.
The installation phase of the operation, utilizing Subsea 7's premier umbilical lay/deepwater construction vessel Toisa Perseus, is due to commence in early May and will be scheduled to conjunction with the current Gulf of Mexico work program for the Toisa Perseus. The challenges involved with this project makes it ideally suited for the Toisa Perseus which has completed a large portion of the difficult umbilical projects around the world.
Subsea 7's Vice President, Gulf of Mexico, Craig Broussard said, "We are pleased that we were able to work with LLOG and other customers in the region to optimize the Toisa Perseus schedule, which is full for 2005. The award of this project continues to highlight Subsea 7's consistent presence in the Gulf of Mexico and further establishes us the premier contractor for challenging projects around the world."
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)
Company: LLOG more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- McDermott Secures Sizeable Services Contract in Gulf of Mexico (Jun 23)
- Ocean Installer Wins Delta House SURF Contract (Nov 21)
- Technip Bags Subsea Gig for Delta House Field (Oct 14)