Soco Begins Testing CNV-3X Appraisal Well
Soco International reports that after achieving the target depth of 6,123 meters measured depth, testing operations on the appraisal well on the Ca Ngu Vang ("CNV") structure on Block 9-2 offshore Vietnam, CNV-3X, have commenced. Due to its highly fractured nature the Granitic Basement reservoir was drilled with total losses of drilling fluid/seawater to the formation of more than 150,000 barrels.
The well was spud on January 30, 2005 and is located approximately 140 kilometers from Vung Tau province. The initial period of the testing operations is currently being extended while the flow from the well continues to improve through the process of "cleaning up" whereby the amount of recovery of drilling fluid declines and the oil rate increases. The aim is to establish a stabilized flow performance. Testing operations are continuing.
PTTEP has 25% participation interest in the Vietnam 9-2 project. The other partners consist of SOCO Vietnam Limited, and Petrovietnam Exploration and Production Company with 25% and 50% interest respectively.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: SOCO International more info
- SOCO: Congo Baobab Marine-1 Well Comes up Dry (Feb 26)
- British Oil Company Soco Says No Longer Holds Congo Block Permit (Nov 03)
- SOCO Net Profit, Production Down (Aug 05)
Company: PetroVietnam more info
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)