Petroleum Helicopters Wins Deepwater GoM Contract
Petroleum Helicopters was awarded a three-year contract with one two-year option to provide helicopter services for BHP Billiton in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. The contract is for one new Sikorsky S-92 transport category aircraft and one new Sikorsky S-76C++ aircraft with options for additional aircraft. Financial terms of the transaction are proprietary and were not disclosed.
Al A. Gonsoulin, Chairman/CEO of PHI, said, "We are very pleased
with this contract award by BHP Billiton. We believe the S-92 is
rapidly becoming the aircraft of choice for deepwater applications. We
at PHI appreciate the confidence shown by our customers in our
capabilities to support their operations."
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Petroleum Helicopters more info
- MMS Names Offshore Leadership Award Recipients (Apr 21)
- Petroleum Helicopters Reports 3Q05 Results (Nov 07)
- Petroleum Helicopters Issues More Shares to Cover Over-Allotments (Jun 27)