Technip Awarded Three North Sea Subsea Contracts
Technip has been awarded three contracts worth approximately £66 million (€92 million) for subsea developments on the UK and Republic of Ireland Continental Shelves. The developments concerned are Corrib, Tweedsmuir and Gryphon, operated by Shell, Talisman and Kerr-McGee respectively.
The Shell Corrib gas development, located in the Atlantic Ocean off the western coast of the Republic of Ireland, requires Technip to project manage and install a free issue umbilical (84km), a 20" spool piece and three flexible flowlines (1.6 / 1.7 / 2.4km). Five wellhead protection structures and a manifold will also be installed as part of the work scope.
The Talisman Tweedsmuir oil and gas development, located in the UK North Sea, requires Technip to project manage, install and pre-commission a 54km 10" lined water injection pipeline, a piggybacked 4" gas lift pipeline and a 6km 10" lined water injection pipeline. Additionally, a primary umbilical (54km) and two in-field umbilicals (5km / 6km) will be installed. The scope of work also includes the installation of spool pieces and two manifolds (175 / 85 tons).
The Kerr-McGee Gryphon oil development, located in the UK North Sea, requires Technip to project manage and install a 70 ton manifold, 10" and 6" flowlines (3km), a 6" static umbilical (3km) and a dynamic umbilical that will be tied back to the Gryphon FPSO.
Technip's engineering center in Aberdeen, Scotland, will be carrying out the contracts and will also undertake all associated pre-commissioning, tie-in and testing work for each development. Offshore operations will be undertaken by several of the Group's vessels. Work for the Kerr-McGee Gryphon and Talisman Tweedsmuir developments will begin in the third quarter of 2005 with completion expected in the fourth quarter of 2005 and the second quarter of 2006 respectively. Work for the Shell Corrib development will begin in the second quarter of 2006 with completion slated for the third quarter of 2006.
- Synergy Resources Approved as O&G Operator in Colorado (May 13)
- Anardarko Is Winner in U.S. Royalty Case (Jan 13)
- U.S. Official Estimates $31B At Stake in Kerr-McGee Case (Feb 26)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)