UWG Signs Record Centralizer Contract for Offshore W. Africa
UWG Limited will fulfil its largest single order to date for ChevronTexaco's Angolan subsidiary, Cabinda Gulf Oil Company Limited (CABGOC), in a contract valued at approximately US $1.5 million.
UWG will provide conductor centralizers, stop collars and cellar-deck items for the Benguela–Belize integrated drilling and production platform, which is supported by a compliant piled tower and is located in Block 14 offshore Angola.
"This is a milestone contract for the company," said UWG managing director Kevin Burton "It's the largest single order for conductor centralizers we have ever received; more importantly, the work reinforces our position in the significant West African offshore market."
UWG, which currently provides CABGOC with tieback engineering services, will deliver the equipment in mid-2005. Installation of the centralizers will begin in August, coinciding with tie-back operations.
InterMoor Inc, a sister Acteon company, will fabricate the 112 main conductor centralizers at its facilities in Amelia, La. The 112 stop collars and 28 commissioned cellar-deck centralizers, which double as hole covers, will be manufactured in the United Kingdom.
This is not UWG's first involvement in the Benguela–Belize project – the company assisted CABGOC with the drilling template installation in 2004.
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: UWG Group more info
- UWG to Provide CoSMOS Platform for Afren’s Okoro Field (Jul 02)
- UWG Cuts Design Time for Rigs and Equipment (Mar 12)
- UWG Signs Record Centralizer Contract for Offshore W. Africa (May 02)