Harriet A11 Well Encounters Oil
Tap Oil reports that the Harriet A11 development well located in Permit TL/1 offshore Australia has reached the planned total depth of 2,582 meters. A 6-meter gross oil column was intersected at the top of the objective Flag sandstone reservoir.
The Harriet A11 oil development well was planned to intersect a small attic of oil on the south eastern edge of the Harriet Oil Field, not drained by the existing production wells. The well confirms the presence of a small accumulation of incremental oil in this part of the field and will now be completed as an oil producer tied into Varanus Island on the Harriet Alpha Platform.
The A11 well was drilled on the new seismic reprocessing within the HJV license and provides confidence that further discoveries may be made based on these data.
TL/1 Joint Venture participants are Apache Northwest with 68.5%; Tap with 12.2229% and Kufpec Australia with 19.2771%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)