PTTEP Granted Exploration License in Iran
PTTEP will sign a deal with NIOC to become the operator and have a 100% stake in the Petroleum Exploration and Development Project of Saveh Block.
Saveh Block is located onshore, approximately 200 kilometers south of Tehran, covering an area of 13,500 square kilometers. PTTEP Iran Company Limited has been awarded with a 25-year contract to carry out petroleum exploration and development of the Saveh Block. The investment in Iran is another important milestone for PTTEP in expanding its investment base in the Middle East region. Iran has the second highest potential petroleum reserves of any country worldwide, and is currently the second largest petroleum producer in OPEC.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: NIOC more info
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)
- IRNA: NIOC Helicopter Crashes in Caspian Sea (Nov 28)
- Sources: India Set To Buy Iran Oil For Emergency Reserves (Sep 20)