FMC Technologies Wins Work from Woodside
FMC Technologies has signed a contract with Woodside Energy Ltd. to supply subsea systems for the Perseus-over-Goodwyn (PoG) project, offshore Western Australia. The contract value to FMC Technologies is approximately $44 million in revenue.
The PoG subsea systems project includes four subsea trees, production controls and associated equipment. The PoG development area is approximately 81 miles (130 kilometers) offshore on Australia's North West Continental Shelf. The water depth in the area is approximately 426 feet (130 meters).
This contract is within the scope of the preferred supplier agreement for subsea systems signed in 2003 between FMC Technologies and Woodside Energy.
"This is the third project for which we are providing subsea systems under our preferred supplier agreement with Woodside Energy," said Peter D. Kinnear, Executive Vice President - FMC Technologies. "We are pleased that Woodside Energy has chosen us to supply innovative technology solutions for their most challenging subsea projects."
PoG is part of the North West Shelf (NWS) Venture. The NWS Venture is
owned equally (16.67 percent each) by Woodside Energy Ltd., BHP Billiton
(North West Shelf) Pty. Ltd., BP Developments Australia Pty. Ltd.,
ChevronTexaco Australia Pty. Ltd., Japan Australia LNG (MIMI) Pty. Ltd., and
Shell Development (Australia) Proprietary Limited.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)