Blake Offshore Wins Contract from Energy Partners
Blake Offshore, LLC has contracted its Blake MOPU #8 to Energy Partners, Ltd. for the start up of its South Timbalier block 41 field. The Mobile Offshore Production Unit (MOPU) is a 250' Bethlehem mat slot rig with production capabilities of 100mmcf per day.
Blake operates the largest fleet of MOPU'S in the United States Gulf of Mexico. Michael Blake, the Managing Partner stated "We are very pleased to work with another New Orleans based company to promote business in our own geographic area. Energy Partners Limited find further strengthens the support for MOPU'S in the Gulf to bring wells on faster and with less capital so that companies can redeploy the unused cash into drilling more wells.
Blake owns and operates eight jackups with water depth ranges from 140'-250'.
- W&T Sells South Timbalier Stake to Energy Partners (May 15)
- Energy Partners Concludes Acquisition of GOM Properties (Feb 15)
- Energy Partners Regains Supplemental Waiver Status from MMS (May 03)
Company: Blake more info
- Blake International USA Rigs Celebrates First Anniversary, Opens New Office (May 28)
- Blake's Chairman Sells Stake in Company, Waves Good-Bye to Board (Feb 11)
- Blake Offshore Appoints New Board Member (Dec 08)