Hydro Increases Canadian Offshore Assets
With the acquisition of 50 percent of exploration license EL 2404, located offshore Canada, from Kerr-McGee on April 14th, Hydro is 100 percent owner and operator of the license.
"This is consistent with the business growth strategies that Hydro set out some time ago and our objective towards becoming an operator offshore Atlantic Canada," says Torgeir Opdahl, president of Oil & Energy's Canada business unit.
Also executed was an agreement with BP whereby Hydro acquired 50 percent of Nova Scotia exploration license EL 2403 – Cabot, and increased Hydro's interest in the significant Newfoundland discovery license SDL 1040 – Torbay, to 90 percent.
"We believe the acreage position we have, as well as our ongoing work, provides a positive strategic position for Hydro," says Opdahl. "Exploration is a high risk-high reward business. There is much work to do in order to better understand the geology of the region and prudently advance an exploration drilling program."
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP Returns To Solar With Investment In Lightsource (Dec 15)
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
Company: Kerr-McGee Corp. more info
- Synergy Resources Approved as O&G Operator in Colorado (May 13)
- Anardarko Is Winner in U.S. Royalty Case (Jan 13)
- U.S. Official Estimates $31B At Stake in Kerr-McGee Case (Feb 26)
Company: Norsk Hydro ASA more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)