Vetco to Deliver Subsea Equipment to Kerr-McGee
Vetco Gray U.K. Limited has been awarded a five-year contract by Kerr-McGee North Sea (U.K.) Limited, a wholly owned affiliate of Kerr-McGee Corp. (NYSE: KMG), for the provision of subsea trees and subsea wellhead systems together with associated maintenance and support services.
The contract scope also provides an opportunity for provision of additional services, including WITS (Well Intervention and Test System) and specialty connectors and pipe.
Equipment supplied under the contract shall be provided by Vetco Gray's facilities in Aberdeen and Montrose, Scotland. An initial order of drill-thru subsea trees and wellhead systems has already been placed for Kerr-McGee's 2006 drilling program.
Drill-thru technology offers an opportunity to significantly reduce costs in the event of future workovers or sidetracks.
Since 2000, Vetco Gray has delivered 20 horizontal subsea trees to Kerr-McGee. Vetco Gray won the contract in competitive tender.
- Synergy Resources Approved as O&G Operator in Colorado (May 13)
- Anardarko Is Winner in U.S. Royalty Case (Jan 13)
- U.S. Official Estimates $31B At Stake in Kerr-McGee Case (Feb 26)
Company: VetcoGray more info
- Hayward Tyler on Track to Deliver Motor to VetcoGray in Norway (Feb 10)
- GE Oil & Gas Boosts Lobito Tomboco Output (Feb 02)
- Shell Places First Order for VetcoGray Subsea Tree (Feb 01)