Harriet JV Encounters Difficulties with Remus-1 Well
The Remus-1 oil discovery well which spudded on April 12, 2005 was plugged and abandoned late on April 16th after drilling difficulties prevented the planned completion of the well as a producer. The well is located Permit TL/6 offshore Australia.
The Remus-1 exploration well intersected a thin, oil filled sandstone reservoir that was planned to be completed while the rig was on location. No oil water contact was encountered at the base of the oil column with oil down to a base seal. A similar thin oil filled sandstone reservoir was also intersected in the previously drilled well Romulus-1 which Tap interprets could be connected and could be the edge of a larger stratigraphic trend. Further work will be carried out to analyze the oil sand intersected in both wells and to consider additional drilling options to further evaluate and optimally develop the oil discovery.
Meanwhile the drilling rig has moved to another slot on the South Plato Platform to drill the Plato-2 well. This is a new addition to the well program to be optimally drilled from the same platform while on location, which will afford time to evaluate the drilling results of the Romulus-1 and Remus-1 wells.
TL/6 Joint Venture participants are Apache as operator with 68.5%; Kufpec with 19.2771% and Tap with 12.2229%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)