Technip Wins Two Engineering Contracts from Norsk Hydro
Technip has been awarded by Norsk Hydro two engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning (EPIC) contracts worth around EUR 147 million (NOK 1.2 billion) combined, for tie-ins from Fram East field to Troll C and from Vilje to Alvheim, on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. The contracts include engineering, fabrication, installation and pre-commissioning of sub sea umbilicals, risers and flowlines, tie-ins, manifold installation and sub sea equipment protection work.
The project management and engineering will be carried out by Technip Offshore Norge's office in Oslo. The flowlines will be fabricated at the Group's welding bases in Orkanger, Norway and Evanton, UK for Fram East and Vilje, respectively. Flexible pipes will be manufactured at Technip's Le Trait facility in France while the umbilicals will be manufactured by one of Technip's UK subsidiaries, Duco, based in Newcastle.
All offshore work will take place in summer 2006 using several
vessels from Technip's fleet, including Apache, Wellservicer and
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)