Woodside Spuds Halladale-1 DW-2
Woodside reports that operations on exploration well Halladale-1 DW-1 have concluded Interpretation of wireline log and pressure data has indicated a gross gas-bearing interval of 59 meters true vertical depth (62 meters measured depth along hole) within interbedded sandstones and shales of the Waarre Formation. Halladale-1 DW-1 (Location Black Watch) has been plugged back as planned to a measured depth of 808 meters below rotary table.
Halladale-1 DW-2, the second exploration well to be drilled from this location, was sidetracked from the original well bore and is being drilled deviated towards the north to test the Halladale prospect. Halladale-1 DW-2 is drilling ahead at a measured depth of 1,410 meters below rotary table. This well is expected to reach a measured total depth of 1,925 meters below rotary table.
Diamond Offshore's semisub, Ocean Patriot, is drilling the well, which is located in Otway Basin permit VIC/P37(v), approximately 4 kilometers from shore and 24 kilometers west of the coastal township of Port Campbell. Water depth at the location is 45.9 meters below mean sea level. Origin Energy Resources Limited is Operator of the permit, with drilling operations managed by Woodside under an agreement with Origin.
Joint venture participants in VIC/P37(v) are Woodside Energy Ltd. (62.5%) and Origin Energy Resources Limited (37.5%).
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)