SIEM Reorganizes and Changes Name
Following the acquisition of the remaining 50% of Subsea 7 Inc. in January this year and Siem Offshore Inc. becoming the 100% owner of Subsea 7, the Board of Siem Offshore has decided to merge the organizations of Siem Offshore and Subsea 7. Mel Fitzgerald, the CEO of Subsea 7 will assume the same role also for Siem Offshore. It will be proposed to the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Siem Offshore that Magne Kristiansen be appointed to the Board as a non executive director. He will step down from his executive role in the Company at the AGM to be held on July 15, 2005.
Further, the Board of Directors will propose to the AGM that the name of the holding company of the group be changed from Siem Offshore Inc to Subsea 7 Inc.
CEO Magne Kristiansen comments: "I see this as a natural and logical development for the Company following the successful acquisition of all the shares in Subsea 7 and the size and importance which Subsea 7 represents within the group".
Chairman Kristian Siem comments: "This reorganization is a rational consequence of the core focus on Subsea 7, and is right for the Company. I thank Magne Kristiansen for his excellent administration of the Company during five challenging years and for his contribution in the reorganization of the Company."
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)
Company: Siem Offshore Inc. more info
- Siem Offshore Acquires 100% Interest in Secunda Canada (May 18)
- Woodside Inks Contract for Australia's First LNG-Powered Support Vessel (Apr 12)
- Siem Offshore Bags Contract to Provide AHTS Vessel to Woodside (Mar 21)