Gazflot Still in Negotiations for Petrolia Semisub
Petrolia Drilling has been in negotiations with Gazflot for a bareboat charter for the Petrolia semisub at a dayrate of US $28,000. Gazflot has asked for additional services, therefore the complete agreement will be signed before start of the drilling program.
Gazflot has requested that Petrolia Drilling take full liability and responsibility as for a normal drilling contract (not only bareboat). Petrolia has advised Gazflot that Petrolia is not prepared to take any liability on operational costs. The dayrate was negotiated September 2004, and is lower than currently market rates.
Thus the current status for the contract negotiations is still ongoing and no agreement has been finalized.
The Petrolia is one of very few rigs available in the UK for 2005 start-up. Market dayrates in the UK are now at least US $120,000. Petrolia is in discussion with operators requiring a semisubmersible drilling rig in the UK sector and reactivation continues.
- Gazflot Contracts Songa Mercur for Sakhalin Drilling Program (Mar 08)
- Energy Exerter Heads to Greece after Pechora Sea Ops (Feb 23)
- FAIR to Transport Energy Exerter Jackup to Scotland (Nov 03)
Company: Petrolia Drilling ASA more info
- RPT-Dubai's Drydocks World Signs $730 Mln North Sea Rig Deal (Jan 13)
- Venture Drilling, Russian Co Renegotiate Bareboat Agreement for Drillship (Jun 11)
- International Drilling Contractor Buys Petrorig I for $450MM (Mar 27)