Woodside Says Initial Reports Indicate Gas at Halladale-1
Woodside reports that the exploration well Halladale-1 DW-1 (Location Black Watch) had reached a total depth of 1,869 meters true vertical depth below rotary table (1,918 meters measured depth along hole below rotary table).
Wireline logs are currently being acquired, and preliminary analysis indicates that the well has intersected gas over a gross interval of approximately 63 meters true vertical depth (66 meters measured depth along hole) within interbedded sandstones and shales of the Waarre Formation.
Diamond Offshore's semisub, Ocean Patriot is drilling the well, which is located in Otway Basin permit VIC/P37(v), approximately 4 kilometers from shore and 24 kilometers west of the coastal township of Port Campbell. Water depth at the location is 45.9 meters. Origin Energy Resources Limited is Operator of the permit, with drilling operations managed by Woodside under an agreement with Origin.
Joint venture participants in VIC/P37(v) are Woodside Energy Ltd. (62.5%) and Origin Energy Resources Limited (37.5%).
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Woodside To Raise $2B, Look To Offshore Gas Project For Growth (Feb 14)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
Company: Origin Energy more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 18 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)