ENSCO to Build New Jackup
ENSCO International has entered into a letter of intent with Keppel FELS Limited in Singapore for construction of a new high performance premium jackup rig. The shipyard contract price for the rig will be approximately $117 million, and will be a replacement for ENSCO 64, which was heavily damaged by Hurricane Ivan in September 2004. The new rig is expected to be delivered by the end of the first quarter of 2007.
The new premium jackup rig, to be named ENSCO 108, will be an enhanced
KFELS MOD V (B) design modified to ENSCO specifications. The rig is a sister
rig to ENSCO 106, now operating in Australia, and ENSCO 107, which is expected
to be delivered in late 2005. The transaction is subject to execution of a
definitive construction contract.
Manages 64 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)