Harriet JV Spuds Romulus-1 Exploration Well
Tap Oil reports that the Romulus-1 exploration well spudded on April 3, 2005 with the Ensco 56 jackup. The well is located in the Harriet Joint Venture Permit, TL/6 offshore Australia, and is being drilled from the South Plato production platform. The objective lies approximately 1.8 kilometers west-northwest from the platform.
The Romulus-1 exploration well is a deviated well, designed to test a small four-way dip closed mound within the Double Island sandstone. The well is expected to take 3 days to reach total depth, and is the first of two prospects to be drilled from the South Plato Platform. Should it be successful, it will be brought onto production immediately.
TL/6 Joint Venture participants are Apache Northwest Pty Ltd as operator with 68.5%; Kufpec Australia with 19.2771% and Tap (Harriet) Pty Ltd. with 12.2229%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: ENSCO International Incorporated more info
Manages 64 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)