Shell & Total Awarded PSC Offshore Cameroon
Pecten Cameroon Company reports that Shell and Total E&P Cameroun have been awarded a new Production Sharing Contract in the offshore area of Rio del Rey by the Cameroonian Government.
Total will operate the contract, in which the two companies have equal shares. The contract area adjoins other concessions operated by Total in Cameroon and covers 143 square kilometers.
John Cuckson, Shell's Production Director for Cameroon, said today: "I am pleased that we have been awarded this offshore production sharing contract, which will provide new opportunities to grow our business in Cameroon and sustain the country's production."
Pecten Cameroon Company LLC is 80 percent owned by the Royal Dutch/Shell Group of Companies and 20 percent by the State of Cameroon. It has been operating since 1983 and is the major private equity producer in the country.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)