Prosafe Says Contract Extended for FPSO Petroleo Nautipa
Tinworth Limited, a company owned and controlled 50% by Prosafe ASA and 50% by Ganger Rolf ASA / Bonheur ASA, has entered into an agreement with Vaalco Gabon (Etame) Inc., extending the contract for the employment of FPSO Petróleo Nautipa at the Etame field offshore Gabon until September 2012.
The contract may be terminated by Vaalco with effect from September 2011. The extension ensures continuous employment for FPSO Petróleo Nautipa following the expiry of the current contract in September 2007. The extension includes a fixed dayrate, which is expected to provide Prosafe with an annual EBITDA of US $5 million, including a production related tariff.
FPSO Petróleo Nautipa was originally converted to an FPSO in 1998, following an award of a four- year contract offshore Angola. The new extension ensures continuous employment for the vessel for 13 years, more than three times the original contract period. The extension is as such another confirmation of Prosafe's anticipation of a strong future redeployment market.
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Prosafe Takes Delivery of the Safe Zephyrus Accommodation Vessel (Jan 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers Accommodation Semisub Safe Zephyrus to Prosafe (Jan 19)
Company: VAALCO Energy, Inc. more info
- VAALCO Agrees to Acquire Sojitz's Stake in Etame Marin Permit Off Gabon (Aug 02)
- VAALCO Updates on Operations at Etame Marin Block Offshore Gabon (Oct 13)
- First Oil Flows from the North Tchibala Field Offshore Gabon (Sep 17)