Tap Oil Updates Progress of Carnarvon Basin Drilling
The Harriet Joint Venture plans to sidetrack the Jane-1 exploration well after encountering difficulties in setting intermediate casing.
The Jane-1 well is located in TL/6, and is being drilled from the Agincourt Platform by the Ensco 106. The bottom hole objective location to intersect the Jane prospect which lies approximately 3.4 kilometers north of the Agincourt Platform.
After reaching a depth of 2,499 meters, drilling difficulties have been experienced in setting intermediate casing. As a result it is now planned to sidetrack the well as a re-drill to the target. It is anticipated that the well will take a further 8 days to reach total depth.
Partners in Jane-1 are Apache as operator with 68.5%; Kufpec with 19.2771%; and Tap Oil with 12.2229%.
Tap Oil says that the Lauda-1 exploration well is on track. The well is located in WA-290-P, being 70 kilometers west of Barrow Island and 27 kilometers west northwest of the Woollybutt Oil Field. The well is expected to reach its target depth in the next few days.
The WA-290-P partners are OMV as operator with 50%; Tap Oil with 25% and Nippon Oil with 25%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: OMV more info
- Qatargas Signs Deal To Deliver LNG To Austria's OMV (Dec 20)
- CEO: OMV To Become Bigger, Grow Marketing Outside Of Europe (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)