Hydril Receives BOP Order from Diamond
Hydril has received a letter of intent from a subsidiary of Diamond Offshore Drilling for a deepwater subsea blowout preventer stack, multiplex blowout preventer control system, and a spare blowout preventer stack.
"The 18 3/4" bore size, 15,000 p.s.i. working pressure blowout preventer stack and multiplex blowout preventer control system is designed for ultra-deepwater service and is destined for Diamond's semi-submersible drilling rig, the Ocean Endeavor," stated Chris Seaver, Hydril's President and Chief Executive Officer. "The equipment to be supplied by Hydril is scheduled for delivery in early 2006, and is valued at approximately $18 million. Diamond Offshore is a highly-valued customer and we appreciate their confidence in Hydril's ability to provide technologically sophisticated equipment."
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Hydril more info
- GE Oil & Gas Consolidates Operating Company Brands (May 01)
- Athens Group's Increased Revenue, Growth Spurs Hiring Initiative (Feb 19)
- McObject Brings High Availability Data Management to the Ocean Floor (Dec 12)