Technip Wins Gas Plant Contract in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Aramco has awarded a contract to the consortium of Technip and Bechtel. This contract is for a grass-root gas plant as part of the Khursaniyah, Fadhli and Abu Hadiyah hydrocarbon field development program. The goal of the program is to substantially increase oil and gas production in Saudi Arabia.
The Khursaniyah Gas Plant will include facilities to process up to 1,000 MMSCFD of sour gas for the production of 560 MMSCFD of sales gas, 300,000 BPD of C2+ natural gas liquids and 1,800 mt/day of liquid sulfur.
The contract will be carried out on a time unit rate and converted into a lump sum turnkey contract during the project.
This contract will be executed by Technip's Rome-based engineering center and Overseas Bechtel Inc. (London). It covers project management, basic design, detailed engineering, procurement of equipment and materials, construction management, construction, pre-commissioning and assistance for commissioning. The construction will be handled by the Saudi Arabian affiliates of Technip and Bechtel.
This fast-track project is scheduled to be completed in October 2007.
This new success joins the remarkable list of Technip references in Saudi Arabia,
including several other large Saudi Aramco projects.
Operates 44 Offshore Rigs
- Initial Negotiations with Saudi's Aramco to Refine Oil in Egypt - Oil Mnstr (Nov 14)
- RIA: Moscow, Riyadh Agree To Explore Aramco Taking Part In Novatek Project (Nov 13)
- Aramco Expects To Boost Capital Spending By About 10% (Nov 09)
Company: Bechtel Corporation more info
- Bechtel to Complete Building the Last 2 LNG Trains on Curtis Island in 2016 (Jan 12)
- Wood Group Wins Bechtel Contract to Supply Tengiz Project in Kazakhstan (Oct 07)
- EnQuest Appoints New Non-Executive Director (Jun 25)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)