Vanco Spuds San Pedro #1 Well Offshore Cote d'Ivoire
Vanco reports that drilling operations have started on the San Pedro #1 well in the CI-112 exploration permit offshore Cote d'Ivoire. This permit is held under a Production Sharing Contract signed with the Government of Cote d'Ivoire on April 20, 1999. The CI-112 partnership comprises Vanco Cote d'Ivoire Ltd (Operator, 27%); Sinopec Overseas Oil & Gas Ltd (27%); ONGC Videsh Ltd (21.15%); Oil India Ltd (10.35%); and Petroci Holding (14.5%). Vanco is proud to lead the first ever international deepwater joint exploration effort between these leading state-owned oil companies.
The San Pedro #1 exploratory well is located 35 kilometers off the coast of western Cote d'Ivoire in 1,735 meters water depth. The well is being drilled with Transocean's drillship, Deepwater Discovery. The main objective is the Cretaceous Albian sandstone reservoir. The planned total depth is 3,125 meters.
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Offshore Oil Recovery Beginning in World's Harshest Environments (Feb 21)
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
Company: Vanco Energy more info
- Vanco Wraps Up Drilling Ops at Jandaia Well (Dec 27)
- Vanco Spuds Sabia Well Offshore Brazil (Jul 09)
- Vanco Exploration CEO Resigns (Mar 07)