OMV Drills Duster with Maier-1 Well
The Maier-1 exploration well, located in WA-290-P, was drilled to its total depth as planned. No significant hydrocarbons were intersected and the well is currently being plugged and abandoned.
The Maier-1 exploration well was targeting an interpreted four-way dip closure in the Barrow Group and Zeepard formation levels. It was the first of two wells in the WA-290-P exploration permit. Although good reservoirs were intersected within the target formations, the lack of shows indicates that it is likely no structural closure is present at this location.
Immediately following Maier-1, the next well will be Lauda-1 located 8 kms to the west also in WA-290-P. Lauda-1 is targeting the same formations as Maier-1 but is interpreted to have a closure against a regional fault.
WA-290-P Joint Venture Participants are OMV as operator with 50%; Tap with 25% and Nippon Oil with the remaining 25%.
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: OMV more info
- Qatargas Signs Deal To Deliver LNG To Austria's OMV (Dec 20)
- CEO: OMV To Become Bigger, Grow Marketing Outside Of Europe (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Nippon Oil Exploration more info
- Canadian Oil Sands Halts Syncrude Production After Fire, Prices Spike (Aug 31)
- Tap Updates Zola-1 Drilling in Carnarvon Basin (Dec 22)
- Iraq-Nippon Talks on Nassiriya Oil Field Deadlocked (Mar 01)