AMEC Wins Talisman Tweedsmuir Contract
AMEC has been awarded a contract by Talisman Energy (UK) Limited to substantially modify the Piper B platform to receive oil and gas from Talisman's new Tweedsmuir field in the central North Sea. The contract value is in excess of £40 million.
"The long term future of North Sea oil and gas production is greatly enhanced by new discoveries such as Tweedsmuir," said Neil Bruce, managing director of AMEC's Oil & Gas business. "Our expertise in brownfield engineering enables us to provide excellent support to the growing number of independent producers in the region to help them to develop new oilfield development projects.
"The Tweedsmuir field will be developed using a four well subsea tieback to the Talisman- operated Piper B facility some 55 kilometers to the north. AMEC's contract covers detailed engineering, procurement and installation of the facilities, approximately 160 kilometers north east of Aberdeen, and is due for completion in early 2006.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: AMEC more info
- Aberdeen-based Jee Wins Enhance Oil Recovery Contract (May 21)
- UK's Oil Services Firms To Cut Jobs To Ride Out Price Slump (Apr 28)
- Amec Foster Wheeler Buys Scopus Group (Dec 15)