Midway Production Test Successful
Woodside reports that a production test of the Midway exploratory well has been successfully completed. The well produced at 10 million cubic feet of gas a day, constrained by a 13/64 inch choke, during a seventeen hour flow test.
The Midway exploratory well (OCS-G 4559 #5), in the Gulf of Mexico on Brazos Area Block A 39, was drilled to a total depth of 6,247 meters (20,496 feet) measured depth. The well was temporarily abandoned on February 9, 2004 following the installation of a 7 inch production liner. Water depth at the location is about 45 meters (149 feet.)
All reported depths are referenced to the rig rotary table.
The well is expected to be tied back to an existing production platform in the immediate vicinity.
Pioneer Natural Resources USA, Inc. is operator of the Midway prospect. Woodside and Pioneer each owns a 50% working interest in the OCS-G 4559 #5 well.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Pioneer Natural Resources more info
- Big Shale Turns OPEC Ally From Foe With Focus on Oil Returns (Dec 04)
- Pioneer Natural 3Q Adjusted Profit Beats Expectations (Nov 01)
- Rising Gas Output Drags Down Shares Of US Shale Leader Pioneer (Aug 02)