Roc Oil Says Cliff Head-6 Reaches Total Depth
Roc Oil reports that the Cliff Head-6 well in the Cliff Head Oil Field located offshore Australia in the Perth Basin has been drilled to a Total Depth of 1,530 meters and logging is in progress.
Preliminary analysis of the log data received to date indicates that the well has intersected a 71-meter vertical gross oil column with an oil-water contact consistent with the field-wide contact. Net to gross is approximately 70%. Porosities in the reservoir sequence are generally in the mid to high teens with sections above 20% porosity. Because CH-6, located in the main horst part of the field, has been drilled at an angle of approximately 40 degrees the gross reservoir interval intersect by the well is 93 meters. The forward plan for CH-6 is to complete logging, run casing and suspend the well as a potential future oil producer.
The Joint Venture plans to meet on March 11, 2005 to consider a Final Investment Decision for the project.
The WA-286-P Joint Venture comprises of Roc Oil as operator with 37.5%; AWE with 27.5%; Wandoo Petroleum with 24%; Voyager Energy with 6% and CIECO E&P with 5%.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)