Scalybutt-1H Well Completed as a Producer
Tap Oil reports that the Scalybutt-1H Well has been completed as a producer. The well is located in WA-25-L in the northern lobe of the Woollybutt Oil Field, approximately 1.6 kilometers west of the Woollybutt-2AST1 production well.
Scalybutt-1H has been sidetracked from the previously drilled Scalybutt-1 step out well and has drilled to a total depth of 3,274 meters measured depth. The well has been completed and tested as a horizontal producer and suspended in readiness for connection of production flowlines.
After being completed as a production well, it was flowed for approximately 20 hours to remove the completion fluids and cleanup the well. It is estimated that the clean-up flow achieved a maximum rate of around 7,500 – 8,000 bopd of clean oil through a 60/64" choke which is in line with expectations.
The Scalybutt-1H is now suspended and ready to be connected to the existing Woollybutt FPSO production facility via the Woollybutt-2 manifold. This now requires a subsea flowline and associated umbilicals to be installed and this is expected to be completed by July 2005 at which time the well will be able to contribute to production from the northern lobe of the Woollybutt Oil Field.
WA-25-L Joint Venture Participants are Eni Australia as operator with 65%; Tap Oil with 15%; and Mobil Australia Resources with 20%.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Exxon Mobil Partnering With Pakistan for Third LNG Terminal (Mar 16)
- Tillerson Has 180 Million Reasons Not to Return to Oil Industry (Mar 13)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Promises Richer Returns After Exploration Success (Mar 16)
- Egypt's Potential Gas Surplus Could Feed Global LNG Glut (Feb 20)
- Egypt With Eni to Fast-Track Zohr Gas Output, Minister Says (Jan 31)