Harriet JV Starts 2005 Drilling Program with Albert-1 Well
Tap Oil reports that the Albert-1 exploration well commenced drilling on March 6, 2005. The well is located in TL/6, and is being drilled as a deviated well from the existing Victoria production platform. The bottom hole location approximately 1.3 kilometers north-northwest of the Victoria Platform. The well will be drilled to a total depth of 2,795 meters measured depth.
The Albert-1 exploration well is designed to investigate a Flag sandstone closure on the same trend as the existing South Plato and Victoria Oil Fields. The exploration well is expected to take 5 days to reach total depth. If successful, a horizontal development well will be completed in the reservoir such that it can be brought into production immediately.
The Albert-1 well is the first well to be drilled in an intensive drilling campaign of some 20 exploration, appraisal and development wells in the Harriet Joint Venture during 2005.
TL/6 Joint Venture Participants are Apache as operator with 68.5%; Tap Oil with 12.22% and Kufpec Australia with 19.28%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)